Wednesday, November 29, 2006

RAVIOLI DI ZUCCA



The elderly gentleman who lives across the street strolls down the road every morning, at the same time as I am taking Simi out. He always greets us kindly, then turns off in the opposite direction. As we are returning, we see him again, clutching a carrier bag and looking very pleased with himself. I've been here long enough to recognise the kind of smile that results from having acquired some excellent food for yourself somewhere so this morning, reader, I followed him. The trail led to the fresh pasta shop, a treasure trove indeed, and I brought back booty in the form of these delightful ravioli di zucca = pumpkin ravioli.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I someone could gain weight from looking at pictures. Your post would keep me from sitting in my chair in front of the computer. (grin) Looks so good.

James Higham said...

Enough! Enough! Pumpkin ravioli - both on my love list. I'm off to make some Russian 'pyelmini'- the closest we ahve.

Maria said...

WOW! Just knowing there from there i know how delicious they have to be! My Aunt makes fresh pasta everytime where there it doesn't compare to the stuff in the box! Delicious and pumpkin my favorite! ~M

Anna said...

WL, are you going to write a book about all of this? I think you should... you've got a wonderful way with words and a visible passion for food... have you read 'The Food of Love' (can't remember the author)? It's set in Rome but it's one of those foody novels that gets your mouth watering. Just like your blog!

Anonymous said...

All these men who cook! The blogging world is full of them, but your Italian man knows what he's doing, walking to the right place at the right time each morning!

Anonymous said...

I think we would all like to come to your house for supper one night, we are very easily tempted!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hello, all. There is something so very comforting about the idea of pasta and pumpkin together, isn't there? Steve, you always make me smile. Would love to know more about "pyelmini", James. Anna, thank you. You are so kind. I would like to turn it into a book, yes, but don't know where to start, really. I have heard of, but haven't read, the book you mention. I will look out for it. M, I'm sure your aunt's pasta is wonderful. Shirl, hi. Yes, he knows what he's doing, all right!Ellee, you'll all be very welcome!

Ballpoint Wren said...

PUMPKIN!

I never in a million years would've thought to combine pumpkin and ravioli.

Counters


View My Stats