Thursday, September 02, 2010

ITALY MAGAZINE ROUND-UP - 12

Casa Natale di Luigi Pirandello

Here is my personal pick of last week's Italy Magazine articles:

Let's kick off with a story that Simi liked, about the dog lifeguards that patrol Italy's beaches.  She wants to learn to jump from a helicopter!  Still at the sea, how would you feel if you went bathing and found a Roman cargo boat

Interior Minister Roberto Maroni caused much outrage last week when he promised that Italy would be even tougher than the French on the Roma.  ["Roma" is a term often used by the Italian media and politicians to refer to Romanians as well as to the nomadic peoples of Europe.]  The issue is still being hotly debated.

I decided I would like to see this festival but no way would I take part!

For my personal Patti Chiari column, I continued the story of how books brought me to Sicily.

I hope you enjoy these stories.

9 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Hmm, jumping from a helicopter sounds scary, but possibly fun... :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'd be too terrified, Rachel but my dog Simi is fearless!

Unknown said...

I, too, would like to observe “giorno di sangue.”

James Higham said...

Simi Recommends series coming up?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Nick. Yes, it would be very interesting. She thinks that's an excellent idea, James!

Claude said...

I thoroughly enjoy the Italy Magazine. I signed up to receive it via email. It brings colour and humanity in my life. I often leave a comment on your articles. The subjects you write about are always fascinating. Thank you for introducing the magazine to us, and for your round-up.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Claude. I'm so glad you enjoy the magazine and have signed up for the newsletter. Your comments are always appreciated.

Lucia said...

looks like I have much reading to do

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I hope you enjoy the stories, lucia.

Counters


View My Stats