Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IL CAMBIO DI STAGIONE 2010

It's still hot outside in the daytime and I am sitting here typing at 6 pm with all windows and balcony doors open. However, there is a sudden drop in temperature from about 7pm.

The Italian women have effortlessly effected the cambio di stagione, the change to autumn clothing, and, as always, have all managed to achieve this on the same day, as if there is some invisible, inaudible signal.  This year I got it right because today I donned autumnal garb too!

Here are four things I love about the cambio di stagione:  citrus fruit, prickly pears, my duvet and my jam-jams!


Simi agrees about the duvet!





10 comments:

Gledwood said...

Awww, Simi looks like a real golden Fuzzypeg today.

When I saw your title, I was wondering what type of bureau de change you were going on about ...

Miss Footloose said...

The beginning of the fall season is always a clothing problem for me. I need warm things in the morning when it's cool. Then in the middle of the day it is hot and I need to change, only to have to change again in the evening, or add layers.

I spent two weeks in Ecuador last earlier this month, in a town high in the Andes Mountains. It's eternal spring there, giving me the same dresing problem: Freezing in the early morning, hot in the afternoon, cold again by 5 or 6.

I spent all day cahnging clothes... ;)

Ellee Seymour said...

Simi looks worn out. It's pretty mild here too in the day, and cooler in the evenings.

LindyLouMac said...

Yes a light weight duvet is back on the bed and all the strappy vest tops are back in the drawer!

James Higham said...

Is there a sub-aural frequency signal which goes out the night before?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Gleds. _She does, doesn't she? Lol re the title! Hello, Miss Footloose. Goodness, that would be difficult. Thanks for sharing the story. Hi, Ellee. She knows just where to get comfortable! Hi, LindyLouMac. I bet it's colder where you are, isn't it? Hi, James. I think there must be.

LindyLouMac said...

Pat it is low 20'sC during the day, so pleasant but a low of 13C at night which feels rather chilly :(

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, LindyLouMac. Still in the upper twenties in the daytime here but it does get cold at night.

CherryPie said...

Aww lovely picture of Simi :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Simi says: "Thank you, Auntie Cherie. Woof! x"

Counters


View My Stats