Saturday, September 11, 2010

CAKE FOR A SPECIAL PERSON



Books for Cooks is a place of pilgrimage for me when I'm in London and was one of my stops on that sentimental journey I allowed myself in the capital before leaving Britain for Sicily five years ago. 

Yesterday I made their Chocolate Pear Cake, from Books for Cooks 6, for Rosa's birthday.  The pears are in the base, in case you're wondering.  I decorated the cake with the pink icing sugar you can find here and I think that next time I make it, I'll dollop a few slices of caramelised pears on top as well.

I'm sure you'll all join me in sending good wishes to Rosa, who is shortly to become a [very young] grandmother.

9 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy Birthday to Rosa .. Hope Rosa has a wonderful day :-) xx

How young a grandmother .. ??

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm not sure exactly how old she is, Anne but she's not 40 yet.

CherryPie said...

Happy Birthday Rosa :-)

I do like the sound of the caramelised pears on top both for the taste and the decoration.

THE GARDEN CAT COTTAGE said...

sounds lovely! I have pears and cherries steeping in rum and brandy with cinnamon and cloves getting it ready for holiday cordials and tipsy fruit cakes

Rosaria Williams said...

Buon Compleanno a Rosa! A pear cake sounds divine this time of the year.

Liz Hinds said...

Belated birthday wishes to your lovely Rosa.

jams o donnell said...

I vet that went down a treat!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Cherie. I'll post a pic when I do it. Hi, GCC. That sounds wonderful. Hi, lakeviewer. Yes, just the right time of year. Thanks, Liz. Rosa tells me that it did, jams.
I'll be happy to pass on all your lovely birthday wishes to Rosa.

Whispering Walls said...

Looks delicious

Counters


View My Stats