Thursday, October 29, 2009

SUPPER BY ROSA

I've said it before and I'll say it again: no one makes focaccia like Rosa, who brings me some every time she makes it. She rolls the dough wafer-thin, and the texture is somewhere between that of traditional Sicilian focaccia dough and filo pastry. One day I am going to watch her preparing it and when I find out how she achieves this miracle, I will tell you. Meanwhile, the picture will have to suffice:


And no one makes pizza quite like Rosa either!

7 comments:

PinkAcorn said...

Why do I torture my self...every time I look at your blog I'm hungry! You are so, so lucky to have Rosa in your life!!!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

mmmmmmmm we all need a Rosa..!! Lucky you. :-) :-)

Whispering Walls said...

A positive topping to dough ratio is good

Trubes said...

How delicious, Welshcakes.
Does Rosa hand make her dough or does she use a machine?
I've made Pizza dough in my food processor but haven't made focaccia.

It's a lovely Autumnal day here although I'm feeling the change in the temperature after our trip to Spain!

Love to you and Simi,
Di.xx

CherryPie said...

How lovely to have someone treating you like that :-)

James Higham said...

Judging by your bread and ice-cream making, I should think you're right up there in that league.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, pink. Yes, Rosa is a treasure. Hi, Anne. I hope that you will meet her one day. Hi, WW. I agree. Rosa hand-makes her dough. I have made focaccia successfully using my food processor. Love to you and Chloe. Hi, Cherie. Yes, it is and I do appreciate it. Many thanks, James.

Counters


View My Stats