Thursday, October 22, 2009

LUNCH FOR A WORKING GIRL

Lunch out with Gina yesterday to celebrate the publication of some of my articles in Italy Magazine.

It's a while since I visited the Caffè Consorzio and I was pleased to find the cooking better than ever. We both ordered


fresh taglioni with cherry tomatoes and rocket,


shared a basket of good bread


and enjoyed polpette di salsiccia with salad.


A pretty fresh fruit salad for dessert, then coffee, ensured that we left contented.

"But where were all the women workers?" we wondered afterwards, as the popular eaterie had been full of men from the nearby banks and offices. "At home cooking for their husbands and children", sighed Gina.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on your articles--a great reason for a splendid lunch!

James Higham said...

The Italians [ops, Sicilians] just do it that little bit better.

sally in norfolk said...

I love going out for lunch.... maybe more than dinner, as i do enjoy being home cooking for Geoff too. Just an old fashioned girl at heart :-)

Liz Hinds said...

Looks delicious! And I forgot to congratulate you on publication! Well done!

Gledwood said...

Molto buono!

Gledwood said...

one day, when I own a cafe, it's going to serve food like that...

Devonshire Dumpling said...

Congrats on your publication. As you can eat all that bally lot for lunch and still look as thin as a rake in your photos please share your secret of staying slim.

Sackerson said...

Congrats on the publication - still going to do that book?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Lost. Much appreciated. The Sicilians ARE Italians, James. I agree they do it better! Hi, Sally. Aren't we all? Thank you, Liz. Simi sends wags to George. Vero, Gleds. And I'll fly over and be your first customer! D'accordo, WW. Hi, DD and thank you. It wasn't always that way but I put it all down to bananas, myself. Thank you, Sackerson. I do hope so!

Devonshire Dumpling said...

try as I might I can't ask you what you do with bananas without my question ending up looking lewd.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Haha, DD! I eat 'em for energy.

Peter @ italyMONDO! said...

Those Taglioni look divine... extra rocket for me :-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Congratulations Pzt, I think this is wonderful..so amazing.

Now I would love this lunch mmmmm just to my taste buds .:-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Peter. Yes, I love rocket too. Hi, Anne. Thank you. Well, when you come over we'll go there for lunch!

Counters


View My Stats