Monday, October 19, 2009

AND LUNCH IS BY ROSA


I am about to partake of a lunch which Rosa brought me this morning. It is an Italo-Albanian dish of stuffed aubergine. Rosa says she chooses round aubergines, cuts them in two and digs out the pulp, which she chops. Then she cooks this with some chopped onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and minced veal in olive oil until the onions are softened and the meat has taken on some colour. She fills the aubergine shells with this mixture and puts them in an oven dish. She adds a little water to the dish and cooks the filled aubergines in the oven [I'm guessing at about 200 C] until the water has evaporated. Delicious!

7 comments:

Gledwood said...

... is it as crunchy as it lookS..?

CherryPie said...

It certainly looks very tasty :-)

James Higham said...

Stuffed aubergine. Oh my goodness. How does she prepare the aubergine, by the way?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Not crunchy, Gleds. Hi, WW. You have good taste! It is, Cherie. Just halves them and scoops out the pulp, James.

Minnie said...

Gorgeous recipe, Welshcakes. Hope you enjoyed it.

Ellee Seymour said...

I would certainly enjoy this. Lucky friend.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It was lovely, Phidelm. I'll tell Rosa you like the idea. Hi, Ellee. I am very lucky!

Counters


View My Stats