Friday, September 22, 2006

STECCHINI



In Italy toothpicks usually appear on the table along with the salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. [In the first picture they are in the centre at the front.]

Italians have a great technique - one which I have almost mastered - of hiding their mouths with their hands while they use them. I find this very sensible [though I was horrified at the habit when I first came to Italy!] as I have gappy teeth and hate having to go to the bathroom all the time to perform the de-clogging task and, in Britain, having to remember to put some cocktail sticks in my make-up bag in the first place.

Last year I bought this cute little toothpick holder for my own dining table here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fish looks very stylish, much nicer looking than a paper bag!

Maria said...

That is so so cute....

I've never seen anything like that. :)

Counters


View My Stats