Tuesday, May 15, 2007

THERE'S ONLY ONE SICILIAN...

... and he makes all the wine! My new digcam battery still not having arrived, I am trawling through my photo albums for images to show you. I just love the use of the apostrophe in this one, which I took in Modica Bassa in 2004. I always meant to send it to Lynne Truss, but never got around to it. This board is no longer on display down there so someone must have spoilt the fun by informing the bar owner of the mistake!



I do hope this photo makes my friend Steve smile: like me, he finds the news depressing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welshcakes, you got a smile out of me with this. Good post.

elleeseymour said...

You are not reading that as Sicilian swine, are you? Naughty girl.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Pleased about that, Steve. Ellee, I can honestly say that had not occurred to me!

Lee said...

And I bet that one Sicilian enjoyed his vino, too!

Eurodog said...

what about "almond's pudding" and "almond's nougat" in the same picture?

GP said...

Any suggestions what this chap Almond's dessert might have been? If Sicily worked on the same principle as our local Italian restaurant there would only be two choices - tiramisu or cassata.

Thanks for another lovely post

James Higham said...

The apostrophe is vital.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lee, I'm sure he did! Hi, eurodog - yes, that amused me too! Thanks, UPM - I've put recipe on next post.
James, I agree and its misuse in Britain drives me barmy! Here I think we can excuse it, though - they were at least trying!

Counters


View My Stats