Thursday, July 30, 2009

SILLY WEEK: THE LIMERICK CHALLENGE

His Girl Friday has challenged all Silly Week participants to come up with a limerick and James has set a 15-minute time limit for this. Here's mine:

free myspace layouts

free myspace layouts



There once was a lady from Wales
who upped and set off with red sails,
She found a Med isle,
thought, "Here I will while
away all the rest of my days".

Her friends in old Britain all said,
"You really are daft in the head,
With those mafiosi
your life won't be rosy,
Come back to the drizzle instead."

Said she, "And a fat lot I care
for there's nothing but gloom over there,
I'm eating ice cream
and living the dream
in the land of the prickly pear."

Boom - boom!

8 comments:

Leslie: said...

What a great limmerick! Well done, you! :D

James Higham said...

Ah, the way it just trips off the fingertips, Welshcakes.

PinkAcorn said...

That IS a good limerick !!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Leslie. You are kind. "Trippingly on the tongue" as the bard of Stratford would say, James. Thanks, pink. Most kind.

CherryPie said...

Thats great :-) If I get time I will try and give it a go tomorrow!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Cherie. Have fun with yours!

His Girl Friday said...

haha, Bravo!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you kindly, HGF.

Counters


View My Stats