Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A FILM SET, THE MED AND "UN MURO FIORITO"





























On Sunday Irma suggested a drive out to the holiday complex of Marsa Siclà near Sampieri, to see something that has been created with tourism in mind, for once. We found a very peaceful and calming atmosphere and whiled away a pleasant couple of hours sitting on the bar terrace, which has wonderful sea views. But what absolutely fascinated me there were the walls constructed from plant containers: I think this is such a pretty idea and I want one on the balcony!

Down on the beach, we stopped at the old, burnt-out factory which is often used as a film set, especially for the Montalbano series on TV. There has been some talk of restoring it or turning it into something functional but I think it's rather romantic as it is.




Finally, the September sea has turned an even deeper blue so here are some views of it for you.

12 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

Mm, beautiful and what a brilliant idea the wall of plants is!

Lord Nazh said...

love the pics welshy :)

you got to make my steak yet?

[thanks for your sentiments on my blog and your visit]

sevnetus said...

Sorting by movies and you've come up again with Sideways AND Vera Drake. Why? Pretty scenes but I'm in pain here state side fighting the good fight.

Lee said...

That pool looks so inviting! It's a glorious spring day here, nigh on perfect, if not perfect!

Driving back from the stores a short time ago I told myself it was an idyllic day for a picnic...I should take me up on my thoughts!

Great pics, Welsh. :)

jmb said...

I love the wall of plants,too. I hope you can get one on the balcony. Not to big mind you, you don't want to go crashing into the flat below. Wet soil weighs a ton.
Nothing like the Mediterranean around there!
regards
jmb

Anonymous said...

Great photos Ms Limoncello...

PinkAcorn said...

Great pics' and the sea is a beautiful shade of blue.

Ellee Seymour said...

I like the idea about the plant pots too, why not go for it!

We have a similar blue sky today, our Indian summer, absolutely lovely.

Guthrum said...

Stop Stop Stop, its starting to grey up here !

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. Yes, so pretty! Hi, LN. Glad you like the pics. No - can't find a vanilla pod anywhere! That was a great post of yours yesterday. Sevnetus, I'm not sure I understand your comment but thanks for visiting. Glad you've got some good weather, Lee. hpe you had the picnic! Hi, jmb. True - I don't want the balcony to crash down! Mutley, pink, thank you. I can't really, Ellee, as the flat is rented and if I had anything like that built I'd have to leave it behind when the lease is up. Glad you have good weather. Hi, Guthrum - I suppose we are tempting fate here!

Crushed said...

Now these are beautiful pics- you really don't get scenery like that here.

It IS exotic- and how blue the sky is!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Ciao, Crushed. It is a bit different, isn't it?!

Counters


View My Stats