Saturday, May 26, 2007

FINALMENTE..





.. I have acquired some summer plants for my balcony. The geraniums and other balcony plants have been "arriving" in the shop domani for three weeks and, when they did come on Thursday, I had got distracted with clothes shopping, as you know. Yesterday morning the plant shop owner said that if I went along there in the afternoon he would give me a lift home and deliver them. By the time I got there, though, he was busy, so the plants didn't arrive until this morning. I brought my Bill and Ben planters from Britain - I just couldn't bear to leave them behind - and Ben's pot was the only thing that got broken during the move. I have now stuck another one onto him and it's nice to see both Bill and Ben filled with blooms again. It's good that shopkeepers here will deliver, very willingly and without charge, whether your purchase is large or small. I remember having a terrible row in a Debenhams store in Britain once because they wanted to charge an outrageous price to deliver a small item of furniture.


I'm not much of a gardener - I hate it, in fact - so I have to have plants that can cope with benign neglect. But could that be a flower that is appearing on my one and only fico d'India [prickly pear plant]?

7 comments:

James Higham said...

Never a dull moment on your balcony, Welshcakes.

Liz Hinds said...

You sound like my sort of gardener! Very pretty flowers though, so bright and cheery.

jmb said...

OK summer's officially here now there are petunias on the balcony.
Mine also have arrived, petunias, not summer yet, still bloody cool. They are sitting on my front porch, waiting patiently for me to plant them in my big earthenware pots.
regards
jmb

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, James. I try to keep it that way! Ciao, Liz. The colours have cheered me up. Hi, jmb. I bet you have some majestic flowers over there. We had rain this morning but it's boiling this afternoon! Enjoy planting your petunias.

Lee said...

Just remember to water them, Welsh, but don't drown them! ;)

pommygranate said...

Welshcakes

One of the joys of living in Oz are the amazing plants i have acquired for my garden.

Most of them can survive on 2ml of water per year and look just stunning.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'll try, Lee! Hi, Pommy. You must have lovely plants over there, then, despite the water shortage.

Counters


View My Stats