Thursday, June 30, 2011

SOSPAN FACH

I am happy for the kind folk who work in my local Conad supermarket that their company is doing so well in the midst of a recession - I really am.   It's just that, with its profits up by 5.1 % at the end of 2010 and its market share at 15.4%, you would think that the chain could afford the delivery cost of a few saucepans.  

The loyalty stamps I collected over the Christmas period entitled me to a saucepan, you see, but by February, when I finally had enough stamps, my local store only had the lids in stock.  The staff dutifully wrote my name down and promised I would eventually get the pan but it's been rather a long time, don't you think?  The lid I have is very smart but it's not much use without the pan! 

Anyway, pazienza:  it gives me an excuse to post this reminder of Wales:

Cerys Matthews - Sospan Fach

5 comments:

Angus Dei said...

Not been taken over by Tesco has it welshcakes?

Love the word verification-"crones"

LindyLouMac said...

Our Pizza plates took forever as well but not this long :(

James Higham said...

Those sorts of things are a pain, as is having to walk down that slope every time to get there to talk to someone.

jams o donnell said...

I'm sure the lids can have a interim function but them upside down and you have a designer serving dish!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Haha - you could be right, Angus! Hi, LindyLouMac. This is the longest I've ever waited for something from them. Hi, James. Yes, especially in the heat, as you'll remember. I never thought of that, jams!

Counters


View My Stats