Thursday, June 02, 2011

TWO ANNIVERSARIES



Today is a holiday and the festa della Repubblica in Italy, the anniversary of the 1946 referendum in which the country voted for a Republican form of government.  

It is also the sixth anniversary of the day when Simi the dog and I left a rainy Gatwick Airport to start a new life in Sicily. By way of celebration, I am reposting this slide show of the lovely town where we are lucky enough to live.





Happy anniversary, Italy and happy anniversary to us!

5 comments:

James Higham said...

Aw - what an anniversary - and what does Simi have to say about it all?

Rowena said...

I hope the weather is nicer for you than it is here. What rotten luck to have 4 days off for relaxing ponte and the skies are nothing but clouds and rain!

Rosaria Williams said...

A lot to celebrate. I actually remember how my little town lined up and went to the polls, filing around the block.

Liz Hinds said...

A big decision but I don't believe you've regretted it, pat. Congratulations to you and Simi

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, James. Simi says she has become a very Italian dog! Hi, Rowena. Yes, the weather has been strange but the heat has started to kick in now. That must be a nice memory, Rosaria. Hi, Liz. No, no regrets. Love to you and George from simi and me. xx woof!

Counters


View My Stats