Sunday, June 26, 2011

OUR MODICAN OPERA STAR



Some of you may remember that I have been following the progress of talented Modican soprano Adriana Iozzia since she was six years old.  Her mother is my close friend Irma and I am proud to have Adriana as a friend too.

Tonight I am happy to be able to tell you that from 1st - 3rd August Adriana will be singing the role of Pamina in The Magic Flute  in Béziers, France.  The part of Tamino will be sung by the famous Macedonian tenor, Blagoj Nacoski.

This is a wonderful opportunity for Adriana and one for which she has studied and worked hard.  I am sure you will all join me in congratulating her and wishing her well.

11 comments:

CherryPie said...

It sounds like a very exciting time for her :-)

Rosaria Williams said...

Wonderful! Pass on our warmest congratulations and best wishes.

Steve said...

It's super to see her realize her dreams.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It is indeed, Cherie. I will, Rosaria. It is, Steve.

rochambeau said...

Congratulations to Adriana! This must not only be a dream come true for her, but you and Irma must fell proud to know her! Brava!!
Sometimes life can be so happy!!
xox
Constance

James Higham said...

One for Modica there.

LindyLouMac said...

How wonderful to have been able to follow her career, I wish her every success.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations to this up and coming opera star! I look forward to following her career!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hai ragione, WW. Hi, Constance. Yes, all Adri's friends are very proud of her. She'll be pleased to receive your good wishes. xx It certainly is, James. Thank you, LindyLouMac and Pat. I will pass on your congratulations and good wishes.

Liz Hinds said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to Adriana and her mum!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. I will pass on your congratulations - thank you.

Counters


View My Stats