Thursday, April 02, 2009

YET ANOTHER LUNCH!

Maria and Luca pulled out all the stops, even by Sicilian standards, for lunch on Sunday:

There were homemade arancini [rice balls]



followed by pasta al ragù,



tender pork



and very Sicilian pollo ripieno [chicken filled with a rice mixture].



There was homemade bread, too:



As for desserts, friend Roberta had made a cheesecake [with a base of digestive biscuit crumbs and almonds],



Linda and Chiara had brought along their famous almond biscuits [recipe here],



other friends had brought these dolci,



then Maria brought out her homemade cannoli, filled with homemade ricotta.



And just when we thought it was all over, she appeared with a lemon sorbet!




This time my offering was a decoration I put together. I do think Lakeland's egg wraps are a wonderful invention! [Lakeland is a UK kitchen store.]



We toasted each other with Asti and declared Easter.

11 comments:

Gary said...

I think I'll start with dessert... :-)

annechung said...

It was in Naples that I first tried Arancini and loved it. I only realised later that it was actually Sicilian. So the first thing I ate when I landed in Catania was to eat an Arancino for breakfast. Bread in Sicily is the best, better than Tuscan.

Betty (picture circa 1954) said...

I'm envious of all the eating!

jmb said...

What a wonderful feast indeed Welshcakes. I hope it is a bit warmer for you as well.

Saretta said...

I love a big Sunday lunch...especially at someone else's house! ;-)

Gary said...

I have to agree with Anne and go further to say that Sicilian bread is the best in all the world! I used to make a meal of it alone! :-)

CherryPie said...

What a wonderful feast

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

What a fabulous feast!!! Oh Arancini always reminds me of our trip to Sicily...never fails :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Good thinking, Gary! Hi, Anne. Arancini for breakfast - nothing better. I agree about the bread. Hi, Betty. Sorry! Hi, jmb, and welcom back from your travels. Yes, lovely spring weather this week. Couldn't agree more, Saretta. Ciao di nuovo, Gary. I completely agree. It was, Cherie.

Abbey said...

Gosh woman... delicious...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Abbey. It was.

Counters


View My Stats