Thursday, April 30, 2009

RAGUSAN ROOFS....

... and other quirky views of the kind I like to take:



"Always look up in Sicily", Irma said years ago. Yesterday morning in Ragusa I did and was rewarded with a glimpse of this strange and rather pretty niche outside a private house:




I often find myself wanting to take a picture of some tiny little street here but usually the scene is spoiled by the presence of a whacking great car or several. For once I was lucky:



Finally and quirklessly here is part of the facade of Ragusa's beautiful Cattedrale di San Giovanni Battista:






9 comments:

CherryPie said...

Love those sunny views :-)

Whispering Walls said...

It's all sun and blue sky over there!

Saretta said...

Nice photos, thanks for sharing! I know what you mean about cars ruining so many photo ops! Ugh!

James Higham said...

Oh yes, those roofs in those colours.

Lucia said...

When I went to Sicily I was young and although everything took my breath away! I especially loved the niches of Madonnas! I even wanted to have one at home! One time I set one up in my bedroom with candles, that didn't last long my mom didn't want me burning anything in my room;)!

Michelle said...

Ragusa looks beautiful and it looked like the weather was perfect. I like taking lots of photos as well and I always look up too as there you sometimes find the best details, like the niche.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Cherie. It was a perfect day. Hi, WW. It's been a long winter, though. Thanks, Saretta. Big cars always seem to park outside lovely old buildings! Hope it brought back nice memories, James. Hi, Lucia. That's a lovely story. Thanks for sharing it here.
Hi, Michelle. Yes, you could miss a lot if you don't look up!

jmb said...

What a beautiful place Welshcakes. Is it far from Modica?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, jmb. No, only half an hour away.

Counters


View My Stats