Friday, March 07, 2008

GLORIOUS GEL


I know I keep on about gel al limone but it is such a light, refreshing, dessert and, again, I just love the way each individual establishment or even each waiter within an establishment makes it their own by the way they present it. At the Altro Posto today it was decorated simply with lemon peel, but such beautifully perfumed lemon peel! Reader, you must smell and taste a fresh Sicilian lemon if you haven't already done so: it should be on your list of things to do before you die!
UPDATE, 9.3.08: My friend mountaingirl has asked for the recipe for gel so here it is. [I don't know how to put a link in the comments!]

11 comments:

CherryPie said...

This has my mouth watering, the taste of lemon is one of my favorite flavors!

A confession - I don't have a sense of smell...

jmb said...

Yes, there is nothing like lemons from Sicily and luckily I have tasted them. I need to do so again.

Leslie: said...

Oh I remember the lemon everythings! You're so right about how good it is.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Delicious, Delicious Delicious!!!!!!! They smell devine, they taste devine.....

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, cherrypie. I have a friend in the USA who doesn't, either, so I can imagine what it must be like for you. You would love the taste of these lemons! Oh, do come and visit, jmb! Thanks, Leslie - the lemons are just amazing. Hi, Anne. Yes, indeed they do!

Unknown said...

I love lemons in any way shape or form. Any chance of a recipe for this divine looking dessert?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, mg. I'll put a link to the recipe on the post now as I don't know how to put a link in the comments! Auguri x

jams o donnell said...

oh once more I visit, I salivate, I say yum, that looks delicious in the comment box!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

And I'm very glad you do, jams!

Unknown said...

hoping MG will cook it for me one day...giggles...the simple things in life are sometimes the best, and lemon is such a refreshing flavour, thanks for sharing Welshcakes xo

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

My pleasure, Kyles.

Counters


View My Stats