Saturday, March 01, 2008

ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IN MARCH




There were Welshcakes for everybody at Modica's English International School this morning. Students learnt about St David's Day traditions and joined in the singing of "We'll Keep a Welcome". Pictured above are Catherine, the owner [first photo, far right] and Paola, the Italian teacher and administrator, next to her, with students. And there is "Welshcakes" herself with students in the second photo.

Courses currently offered by the School include:
English Language courses at all levels for adults and children
English for Special Purposes [Business, Medical and Legal English; English for Banking; English for Travel and Tourism]
French
Spanish
Italian
Greek
Intensive revision courses for Italian high school students [corsi di recupero]
Preparation courses for Italian Maturità and University Entrance examinations
Preparation for University examinations and consultation services for degree theses
Computer courses

The School also offers translation and interpreting services.

If you would like to combine a trip to beautiful Sicily with an Italian language course, the School can arrange this for you.

Please contact the School at english_int.school@virgilio.it for further information on all courses and services.

22 comments:

CherryPie said...

Happy St David's Day :-) Nice photos :-)

Leslie: said...

Happy St. David's Day and glad to see you're teaching your students Welsh (British) culture, too.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, cherrypie.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Leslie. I've never believed that you can teach the language in isolation from its culture and I believe cultural knowledge makes it interesting.

Crushed said...

They tower over you, don't they?

I must admit, I had thought you were quite a tall woman.

Emmanuele Lazaridis said...

yes, I can't contradict her !!
Your culture is too important and interesting, too!
welshcakes is really capable to hand down it to us !!!

jmb said...

Good to see those of whom we have heard. Love the blow-up daffodil.
Did they enjoy the Welshcakes?

Maria said...

Happy St.David's Day! I do hope you and Simi are well. or should I say, Tutti bene? I've been practicing... not there yet but trying! You look fabulous! Ciao!

James Higham said...

Good to see you have your big boys there and happy Welsh Day.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Crushed. No, 5'4''! Ciao, Emmanuele e grazie. I think they did, jmb - they all got eaten, anyway! Ciao, M. Si, stiamo bene, grazie. Nice to have you back. You are kind, as always. Auguri from Simi x

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, James x

Crushed said...

I'm taller than you!

I didn't think I was!

Not by much, mind, but I am taller!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yippee, Crushed!

Liz Hinds said...

We Welsh girls must have our blow-up daffodils!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Liz. Indeed to goodness, we must!

Dragonstar said...

Happy belated St David's Day. I see you have an inflatable daffodil too - I must get my daughter to send me one!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, dragonstar. They are everywoman's "must have" accessory!!

Unknown said...

how lovely to see you with your students, it sounds alike a terrific day was had, i hear ya about culture, it's so important to give context to everything... xo

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thasnk you kindly, Kyles xx

Trubes said...

Happy (belated) St. David`s Day Welshcakes:
Greetings from one with a Welsh Grandpa and half Jewish Granmama. Not sure what that makes me, mind !
We love Wales and have lots of holidays there. Once stayed at a place called Cwm Ivy Farm on the Gower Peninsula. It was run by a lovely,rather quirky, Welsh lady. She had several different Bronze Sculptures in the gardens surrounding the 'Holiday Lets;. One was of a life sized horse; Heaven knows how it was put into place.
Anyway after that trivial piece of info. Happy Belated Greetings, my friend.xx

Di.xx
Love to Simi too.xx

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Manhy thanks, Trubes. I'm just imagining that horse - I love your "little tales" ! Love to you and Chloe from Simi and me xxxx

WpgSophia said...

where in Sicily is this school?pu

Counters


View My Stats