Friday, June 09, 2006

FASHION NOTE - 3

This week I am noticing very high wedge heels and multicoloured shoes and bags. A lot of linen is worn in summer for its coolness. [I hate it as it is such a bother to iron, but buy it, nevertheless.] It is hot, now, by British standards, but the women are not yet in anything resembling sundresses.

At this time of year a lot of the men wear beige suits with brightly coloured shirts - blue and red are the most striking - and très chic they look, I must say.


You do not see the general scruffiness that you do in Britain.

À propos of none of the above, really, an extremely handsome, thirtyish man [typical, very dark Italian looks] frequents one of the bars at lunchtime. I keep imagining him in a wet shirt like Colin Firth in "Pride and Prejudice"! I have a quiet giggle to myself as I peer at him from behind sunglasses - for of course, I don't merit a first, let alone a second glance now - and think that there are some compensations for growing old after all!

No comments:

Counters


View My Stats