Wednesday, May 24, 2006

PETTO DI POLLO



This simply cooked chicken breast is one of my favourite meals at L'Altro Posto. Here you do not get charged for the bread, as is the appalling practice in Britain [and even then, you usually get one measly roll]. I like the way, in most bars and restaurants here, the cutlery is sealed in a sort of envelope, so you know it's absolutely clean. Yes, that is a mineral water, not a g and t, that you see lurking there. [Oh, OK, then - I hid the g and t for the photo!]

Today it is sweltering and I was the only idiot sitting outside rather than in the air-conditioned interior. I've been here long enough now to know that that was a bit daft, but "Mad Dogs and Englishwomen...." I should also get it into my head, as dear old George Mikes said, that "Sunshine is not a miracle in Italy".

No comments:

Counters


View My Stats