Monday, August 13, 2012

PAVEMENT PROGRESS

I've written about this road in Modica's Polo Commerciale or Sorda shopping centre before.  It's a fine enough road but has hitherto been pavementless.  



Very few people, it seems, have ever complained about this because the city has very few pedestrians.  Being one of them, though, I can't tell you how many times I have taken my life in my hands to walk to the far end of the Polo [to a pet shop for Simi's food and treats] and received a free but unwanted mud bath from passing cars in the process.  So I nearly whooped for joy when, boldly venturing in that direction again today, I saw that a pavement has at last been laid. What's more, it has been finished!  Yes, a lovely, wide pavement running all the way along to the shops at that end!  




There is still, however, no pathway out at the far end of the row of large stores, leaving pedestrians no choice but to walk the length of the store fronts twice more if they want to exit that way [because they have to go round them], but perhaps even this will come if someone on the planning committee exercises their imagination.  All it takes is for someone to think, "Now, what would it be like to be a pedestrian here?"

Come on, Modica - you can do it!  Build that pathway and, while you're at it, how about a few buses to take people to that end of the Polo?


No comments:

Counters


View My Stats