Tuesday, August 07, 2012

COLD STUFFED PEPPERS



I enjoyed making this stuffed pepper recipe and it's nice and simple for a hot day when you can't be bothered with much cooking.  To fill 4 large peppers, mix 500 gr minced meat - I used a mixture of pork and veal, which the butcher "put through the mincer again together, to give you a better mix" - with about 250 gr pane grattugiato [fine, fresh breadcrumbs] which have been soaked in milk and then kind of "wrung out" in your hands, 125 gr grated parmesan or ragusano cheese, 3 beaten eggs, a good handful of chopped fresh basil and parsley, a pinch of ground cinnamon and seasoning.  No pre-cooking of the mixture is necessary and, once you have scraped the membrane and seeds out of the peppers, all you have to do is - well, stuff them, pop the lids back on and cook them, in a foil-lined dish in which they will all stand up, at 180 C for 40 minutes.  They were good hot but, especially in this weather, I think I prefer them cold.  Just leave them in the fridge for a few hours.

7 comments:

jams o donnell said...

More deliciousness. Keep the food posts coming!

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh yes! Cold and in a sandwich, with a glass of pinot grigio.
Now I'm hungry and must turn off the computer and go see what I can whip up in the kitchen. (keep it up!)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I will, jams and thank you. Thank you, too, Rosaria. I'll try!

CherryPie said...

They sound delicious :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Cherie.

Dragonstar said...

I used to enjoy stuffed peppers but I haven't had them for ages. Maybe today is the day...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Dragonstar. Let me know!

Counters


View My Stats