Saturday, October 23, 2010

SABATO MUSICALE FOR A NEW ARRIVAL

I'm sure you'll all want to join me in congratulating Rosa, whose first grandchild, Adri, was born last week.


Blue sugar-coated almonds for the birth of a baby boy

Welcome to the world, little Adri.  You will grow up with the love of a wonderful family and, as a bonus, you'll be able to enjoy your nonna Rosa's great cooking!

My colleague Vale at Italy Magazine chose this song to go with my article about the elderly in Sicily on Friday and, though Rosa is a very young grandmother, I'd like to dedicate the song to her tonight.  For those of you who don't speak Italian, it's about a child who loves her nonna Pina's tagliatelle, which cure everything and are better for you than medicine or coffee:

Zecchino D'Oro - Le tagliatelle di nonna Pina


4 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Congratulations to Rosa and family .. and little Adri :-)

Nerys said...

Benvenuto Adri!!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Congratulations to the family - a great reason to celebrate, and I love the almond tradition :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'll pass all your best wishes on to Rosa and family. They will be delighted. xxx

Counters


View My Stats