Monday, October 25, 2010

THE OLIVE PICKERS' LUNCH THAT WASN'T



Olive picking with Chiara and family having been rained off yesterday, their friends were invited to lunch just the same and what a homely, comforting aroma greeted us, for no one makes lasagne like Linda: 


Then there was homemade bread





with ham and tomatoes.  I liked this presentation with capers:



There was a selection of Sicilian cheeses,


the new season's grapes


and I resurrected my quickest-ever lemon cake, jazzing it up with pink icing sugar:





A fine lunch for those who had spent a hard morning thinking about olive picking!


13 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Ah now if the thinking of a sin is as bad as the sin as itself then then surely the intent to pick olives deserves a fine meal!

Rosaria Williams said...

I'm there for the next lunch date.

Miss Footloose said...

A very fine lunch indeed. Just thinking of picking olives can make one tired, if one thinks hard enough.

Unknown said...

I am sure you will be out picking very soon but in the meantime have happy bellies (looks delicious)

Natalie said...

It's the thought that counts, right? :)

The lasagne looks amazing!

Whispering Walls said...

Pink icing sugar! Is that a Sicilian staple?

CherryPie said...

I wouldn't mind a piece of that lemon cake right now :-)

James Higham said...

For a lunch that wasn't, it looks mighty like a lunch that was.

J. M. P. said...

The bread and the cake are my faves. They look delicious!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I like that kind of logic, jams! See you soon, then, lakeviewer! I agree, Miss Footloose. Hi, Lost. Yes, as dsoon as the rain holds off. Hi, Natslie and welcome. Absolutely! Hi, WW. No, but you can find several colours in one supermarket chain here. Coming up, Cherie! As indeed it was, James! Hi, fullet. The bread was so comforting!

sally in norfolk said...

I had apples and grapes from a friends garden at the week end both delish, nothing better than home grown :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Sally. Couldn't agree more.

Patricia said...

Si mangia bene!!

Counters


View My Stats