Wednesday, January 03, 2007

THAT ROAD AGAIN!





I took these pictures last Friday but decided to leave this somewhat grumpy post till the festivities were nearly over. Here, we still have the Epiphany holiday on Saturday to look forward to [more about that on the day] so we haven't quite finished feasting yet; nevertheless, it's time I had another rant about the dangerous road - a different section of it today.
The first photo shows the far end of the polo commerciale, just after the electronics superstore and it's where I have to go when I need something from the large petstore. I hope you can see that access from there to the road is completely fenced off to pedestrians, so if I want to go from this area to a shop in Via Risorgimento, which begins to the left of the road you can see, I have to walk back the whole length of the row of stores [which is further than it looks] in the second photo and back up again along the busy, pavementless road in the third. WHY?! It takes but a modicum of common sense to see that a flight of steps is needed so that you can get out at the far end and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why the traders along there do not campaign for one. I can only surmise that it has never occurred to them that they have some customers who do not have cars!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope they read this post, you should make an Italian version specially for them.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they don't complain. In Germany they have to consider everyone while doing construction.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Ellee. I hope the city planners read it, too. I did an Italian spiel last time I had a moan about this, but I don't think they read it! Maybe I should do it again, as you say.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Steve, I don't think the needs of pedestrians come into it here! Italians just don't think there are any!

Anna said...

Hi, Welshcakes! Happy new year. I was wondering whether you know Venice at all? We are off there for my birthday next month and I would love some recommendations - places to eat, places to shop? I would like to pick up some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Any hints?
Anna

Counters


View My Stats