Thursday, October 26, 2006

... AND WAITING...

The comune water lorry has been up and down the street three times to my knowledge today: it called at the house next door, only there was no one there to open the gates to it, and apartment blocks up and across the road. The last time I saw it I went down and spoke to the driver, who said he didn't have the requisite piece of paper to allow him to fill up our cistern. It's no good having a go at him - it's not his fault - so I came back up and phoned the water office yet again. This time they said that our block's request had been contracted out to a private water supplier and that they would ring this company immediately. This was at 4pm and it is now 5.45. [Italian officialdom has a different concept of immediacy from the British one!] I think the entire zone must be affected this time as the woman in the house directly facing this condominio is also waiting. My pazienza is not doing very well today!

No comments:

Counters


View My Stats