Monday, November 14, 2011

A SUGGESTION FOR MR MONTI


Dear Mr Monti,

I'm sure that, in this situation, you deplore waste so before you tackle the economy, could you please do something about the cooking foil in this country?  Whatever brand I buy, it tears in the middle when I take off the stupid tape - which, I regret to say, only a man would have put there in the first place - and, unless I am cooking portions for elves, this renders the stuff virtually useless.

After all, you did say that we need "cohesion" today!

Love,

Pat and Simi in Sicily 
Woof!

4 comments:

Betty said...

I hope he listens. Perhaps when things settle down a little he'll have time to tackle the foil problem. I wonder why they even put the tape on? The Reynolds Foil we use doesn't come with tape.

My big gripe here is with all the child proof caps on everything. Only a child can open the toilet bowl cleaner, bleach, etc. I wish we could buy the stuff with or without child proof caps. I never have children in my house and when I finally get someone to open a cap for me I just lay the cap on top and don't secure it. I think that's probably more dangerous. I've actually called the manufacturers, but they tell me they have no choice because the child proof caps are the law.

jams o donnell said...

You tell him!

Dragonstar said...

I do so agree with you! We have tape in Ireland, too, and it drives me mad!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Betty. Maybe he will! I have the same problem with lids - they drive me mad. Just helping the guy get his priorities right, jams. Hi,Dragonstar. I didn't know you had it there, too.

Counters


View My Stats