Wednesday, November 09, 2011

PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOMS



To make this pork dish I followed [more or less] a recipe in the November edition of Alice Cucina.  The sauce is made with red wine, passata and just enough balsamic vinegar to give it an interesting tartness. Sage, bay, onion, garlic and juniper berries also flavour the dish and mushrooms are added towards the end of cooking.  I added potatoes because I was hungry and couldn't be bothered to mash some as an accompaniment as the recipe suggests.

6 comments:

jams o donnell said...

More deliciousness!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, jams.

Bev said...

Cant' tell you just how much I want that dish. It looks delicious...then try being at your family who don't eat ANY meat....now it's to die for.

James Higham said...

Interesting tartness - love it.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Bev. Oh, dear - I don't think I'd manage that for very long! Glad the term amused you, James.

Whispering Walls said...

Looks very good. I've found a new recipe for a pavlova with chestnut puree cream and blackcurrants.

Counters


View My Stats