Sunday, December 06, 2009

A POETIC EVENING

"My poet", Antonio Lonardo, and I presented Il Profumo del Pensiero, the collection of poetry which he wrote and I translated, to a full conference room at Modica's Palazzo della Cultura last night. Prof. Domenico Pisana, President of the Caffè Letterario Salvatore Quasimodo, chaired the occasion, whilst prof. Uccio Di Maggio introduced the poems and commented on the translations. The poems were read in Italian by the actor-director Giorgio Sparacino of Ragusa's Teatro Utopia, and in English by myself. Prof.ssa Ausilia Pluchino played classical piano music in the intervals between poetry cycles and the young soprano Chiara Notarnicola sang for us.


Left to right: Prof. Uccio Di Maggio, prof. Domenico Pisana, prof. Antonio Lonardo.

Giorgio Sparacino reading the poems.

Me being presented with the Caffè Letterario Salvatore Quasimodo medal.

The medal means more to me than I can say, for it denotes acceptance into the cultural life of Modica.

10 comments:

GIANTS FAN said...

I like your travel blog here. I have one as well which I hope to be a good resource for those looking to go on vacation. I'd like to exchange links with you and help spread some traffic around.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
ThatVACATIONfeeling.com

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

What a fab evening you must of had...and to receive the wonderful medal too!! :-) xx

jmb said...

Congratulations Welshcakes. That is a great honour and I am sure you were thrilled by it.

Sally said...

Brava, brava e tanti complimenti, Welshcakes

Emily said...

Congratulations on your medal! It sounds like a wonderful evening all around!

jams o donnell said...

Congratulations Welshcakes. Well deserved!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I don't really understand link exchange, Jason. Can you explain how it would work?
Thanks, Anne. It was great. Thanks, jmb. I do feel honoured. Grazie, cara Sally. Thank you, Emily and welcome to my blog. Thank you, jams.

CherryPie said...

Congratulations on receiving the medal, it is well deserved :-)

flutterby said...

Applause, applause to you. What a wonderful honor for someone who loves Sicily the way you do.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Cherie and Flutterby. I keep looking at the medal!

Counters


View My Stats