Monday, December 07, 2009

LONZA CON UVA


Tomorrow is the Immacolata holiday and the true start of Christmas festivities in Italy. I wanted to cook something new and rather festive tonight and found this recipe in a pretty little book of Christmas anecdotes, pictures and recipes. I cannot reproduce the copyright recipe here but can tell you that it consists of pork loin wrapped in pancetta and roasted with fresh herbs including bay plus shallots, red grapes and rosé wine. To look at it cheered me up, the aroma was Christmassy and it tasted good, too!

8 comments:

CherryPie said...

It does look delicious :-)

THE GARDEN CAT COTTAGE said...

i just came across your blog. Its absolutely wonderful! I look forward to visiting it often.

Kathy at TheGardenCatCottage.blogspot.com

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I love the look of this Pork dish, unfortunately Arni will not eat a Pork joint, for some strange reason!

Rosa said...

Looks very appetising! Well done.

jams o donnell said...

THat really looks appetising!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Cherie. Hi, Kathy and thank you for your kind words. you have a lovely blog too and I have added you to my roll. Hi, Anne. I'm sure you could adapt it for chicken. Thanks, Scintilla and jams.

sally in norfolk said...

I dont eat meat very often these days but after looking at this i think i need some :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Sally. I think you'd like this dish.

Counters


View My Stats