Friday, December 11, 2015

"A NICE LITTLE FESTIVAL"

Modica's annual chocolate festival, ChocoModica, is what I think of as a "nice little festival."  It sort of evolved from the larger Eurochocolate festivals that used to be held in the town and I think this is one case where smaller is better:  the festival as it is these days is not too crowded, the atmosphere is friendly, you do not feel overwhelmed by stall after stall of the same thing and it is ours.

I am still at a loss to explain why a town which can organise this event so well - it's the only occasion in the year when there are reliable buses - cannot get its act together regarding so many other matters but it's Christmas so let us not be Scrooge.  Instead, won't you join me on a walk around the festival?

Last year we had angels; this year we have lanterns  It's always nice to see Modica lit up:



 There were, of course chocolate stalls and plenty of music:


You could watch chocolate being made and taste it. I liked the chocolate Santa in the middle picture here:



But what I liked best were the chocolate sculptures and it was at this exhibition that I spent most of my time:





Well done, Modica - when you decide to do something well, you're fabulous!

2 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello Pat. Absolutely amazing. I wouldn't even try and explain how they can be so organized. It happens, you love it, people love it and as you say "It is yours". The sculptures are so wonderful. Such a skilled art.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year , take care x

Counters


View My Stats