Saturday, September 14, 2013

SABATO MUSICALE - JIMMY'S SONG

Jimmy Fontana in Modica, 2011


This 1971 song was another big hit for Jimmy Fontana, who died on Wednesday. Jimmy wrote the music with Italo "Lilli" Greco and the words with Franco Migliacci. The song was sung at the 1971 Sanremo Festival by both the Ricchi e Poveri and José Feliciano and was awarded second place. Feliciano went on to record the song in Italian, Spanish and English. This song about having to leave the place where you were born still resonates with many Italians today and continues to be loved. 


Jimmy Fontana - Che Sarà

I Ricchi e Poveri - Che Sarà [Sanremo 1971]

José Feliciano - Che Sarà

3 comments:

Michael said...

Hi Pat, this is a beautiful song,there's another singer Italian - PATRIZIO BUANNE-wich is a very good singer also sing this song, I had the luck to meet him here in Sydney & also I bought a cd from him I think he is a fantastic singer!!! ciao Pat. I try po paste his dvd but I could not post.




Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Michael. How nice of you to comment here. Yes, I love Patrizio - to look at too! I have two of his CDs but you can't find them here as he's not known down here.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

PS: How wonderful to have met Patrizio!

Counters


View My Stats