Thursday, September 12, 2013

AN APPOINTMENT

This is how we make appointments in Sicily:

"I'll definitely be there at ten", said the man [from whom I needed to buy something - I wasn't selling]. "But if I forget, call me."

At 11.40 I made the call: "I'm coming! Just give me a couple of minutes to get there." [He lives in the next street.]

One hour later, he arrived and was absolutely charming.

"Sorry I was a bit late", said he at the end.

"No problem", said I.

After all, it was only two hours and forty minutes.

Image: WP  Clipart


5 comments:

Whispering Walls said...

Fantastico!

Lee said...

Manana...is in healthy working order there, too, it seems...not only in Mexico! ;)

I hate waiting. If someone says they're going to be a certain time...that's what I expect. I'm the same way regarding myself. I hate being late. If a time is set, then that's what it is (and again, if I'm the one who has set the time, that's the time I mean). One thing I'm quite pedantic about is being punctual...if I say a time...that's it!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Me too, Lee - but it doesn't work here!

Hawkins Family said...

This sounds familiar...!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Haha, Hawkins Family!

Counters


View My Stats