Saturday, January 05, 2013

SABATO MUSICALE DI EPIFANIA



The Befana, Italy's good witch, arrives tonight and will bring sweets to those of us who have been good and a lump of coal to the bad among us.

I love this video, which gives six reasons why the Befana is a better person than Santa:

1.  She is ecologically aware, as she travels by broom.
2.  She respects animal rights as she does not use reindeer.
3.  She is working class, as evidenced by her non-designer clothes.  [Not sure about that one!]
4.  She is just, as she gives gifts only to those who deserve them.
5.  She is tolerant, as her punishments consist of lumps of coal and a few ashes.
6.  She is undemanding, as in return for her work, she asks for only a little bread soaked in wine or milk.

Viva la Befana!

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Hope la befana brings you both lots of goodies.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, she did, Rosaria!

Lee said...

I've been good! I've been good! And if I've been bad...I ain't a-tellin'!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

My philosophy exactly, Lee!

LindyLouMac said...

What a great video, I must remember this one for another year. Thanks for your recent message, hope things are better for you. It seems neither of us has had a good start to the year.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, LindyLouMac. I was lucky - found the video about an hour after it had been posted on youtube. I hope things are getting better for you, too. x

Counters


View My Stats