Friday, August 27, 2010

ITALY MAGAZINE ROUND-UP - 11



Here is my pick of last week's Italy Magazine articles:

If you are going to be in Abruzzo between tomorrow and 5th September, there is a fascinating, traditional festival in Lanciano.

Still in Abruzzo, Nick Calvano told us the touching story of how he traced more members of his family in Vasto.

Then we went to Tuscany for our summer film, Stealing Beauty.  Staying with film, a famous friend of Italy is shortly to return.

I had to laugh at this story, though I don't suppose I would have been amused had I been one of the passengers! One of the saddest stories of the week was this tale of our times and it was also the week in which Italy said goodbye to former President Cossiga.

For my personal Patti Chiari column, I wrote about how books led me, in a way, to Sicily.  This is to be continued.

I hope you enjoy these stories.

2 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

I have just enjoyed reading your column about how books sort of led you to Sicily.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it, LindyLouMac.

Counters


View My Stats