Friday, November 20, 2009

MOUNTAINGIRL'S PHOTO CHALLENGE - "BODY PART"


It's Friday and time for my friend mountaingirl's Photo Challenge. Why I always end up doing these posts just before midnight, I don't know but c'est la vie. This week's theme is "body part" and that had me dithering for quite a while, mountaingirl, as there's no part of my body that I particularly like. Then I remembered that I've got what my schoolmates used to called "double-jointed" arms, though I gather that the term now used is "hypermobility". Well, all I can say is I'm glad I'm hypermobile somewhere! As a child I could never work out why everybody thought my arms were strange, if not revolting, as I thought everybody could scratch their own back right the way down, put their left hand behind their back and touch their right shoulder with it and pull forgotten junk out of awkward, bendy kitchen cupboards. I learnt to hide my arms eventually and even now, I'm shy about them. But if my Welsh blogging pal Liz can display her extra toe, who am I to chicken out?



It's hellishly difficult to photograph your own arm, by the way, "double-jointed" or not.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

It sounds like a useful ability to have. I think double jointed sounds nicer though :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Quite useful, yes, Cherie.

Counters


View My Stats