Sunday, December 07, 2008

XMAS NOSTALGIA


First off tonight I am allowing myself to indulge in some unadulterated, non-Italian [for once] nostalgia: Mrs Nesbitt has been asking what Christmas songs we all remember and for me this is the one that beats them all - for making me laugh rather than cry! It is the original Chipmunk Song from 1959 and, as you see, I still have the vinyl. No Blears* jokes now, please, gentlemen.

*Hazel Blears is a British politician, currently Communities Minister, who is often referred to as the "chipmunk" by certain male bloggers - which proves that women are still judged in ways men would not be.


4 comments:

CherryPie said...

women are still judged in ways men would not be

How true is that!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sad that it is still true, isn't it, cherrypie?

Wolfie said...

...who is often referred to as the "chipmunk" by certain male bloggers - which proves that women are still judged in ways men would not be.

Come now, this is silly. I believe the chancellor or the exchequer is routinely referred to as "The Badger" - for the simple reason he looks like one. Blears definitely looks like a chipmunk too. Might even be the nicest thing I could say of the both of them too.

And Yes, maybe I do look a bit like a wolf.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Wolfie. I take your point but #i do think appearance is often the first thing reported about a woman, never mind her achievements.

Counters


View My Stats