Monday, December 20, 2010

STRIPEY LASAGNE

Some of you have been waiting to see how the pretty pasta I found the other week turned out.  Well, here is the finished dish of lasagne and I have to say it was delicious.  I made a pork ragù as I thought a beef one would be too strong a flavour and when the dish was cooked I thought I could just catch the aroma of, but not taste, the cocoa used for the brown stripes in the lasagne sheets.  The stripes became more evident as I cut the pasta into portions.  Oh, and the secret of crispy lasagne is to dot butter over the top:




6 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

looks fab and fun :-)

wishing you a very happy Christmas x x

Bill Fogle said...

*Admire*

Gledwood said...

O wow I've never seen pasta like that before. They don't do it in Sainsbury's.

Do you know Lidl used to do quite a nice lasagne. It was from the fresh counter rather than the frozen section. I used to cook it all, then keep it in the oven and eat it a slice at a time with tomatoes. Anyway then I found out the "so-and-sos" had put PORK in it. So I'm never buying it again. Swineflesh in my food! No way!!

Winchester whisperer said...

Fabulosa!

rosaria said...

Looks great! Merry Christmas!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Sally and a very Merry Xmas to you. xx Thank you, Bill. Hi, Gleds. No, I didn't know that! Thanks, WW and Rosaria. Merry Xmas to you both.

Counters


View My Stats