Sunday, November 07, 2010

DONA NOBIS PACEM - 2010


This is a belated post [sorry, Mimi] for the 2010 Blog Blast for Peace but it is none the less heartfelt for that.

If there is to be peace, it has to begin somewhere and, if we cannot reach out to each other as individuals, what hope is there of reconciliation between nations?  As it is so near the festive season, I am posting this wonderful song, normally associated with Christmas:

Gladys Knight in Washington - Let There Be Peace on Earth

Pace.

9 comments:

J. M. P. said...

"and let it begin with me", great lyrics. I didn't know G. Knight but it's been a delight to listen to her.

Annelisa said...

Excellent choice, I don't think it can be contained to Christmas, do you? :-)

Wishing you peace and happiness x

Claude said...

Beautiful post! Thank you. Peace to all!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Glad you liked it, Josep. Thanks, Annelise. I agree. xx Thank you, Claude. Pace.

Bill said...

A beautiful song for a beautiful message. Gladys Knight is the best! Thank you for finding this video.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you, Bill. I love gladys Knight's version too.

CherryPie said...

Lovely post :-)

Annelisa said...

http://wordsthatflow.blogspot.com/2010/11/blogblast-for-peace.html

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks for visiting and for the link, Annelisa.

Counters


View My Stats