Tuesday, April 29, 2008

GYRATING SAN GIORGIO

Before we leave the topic of San Giorgio for another year, I thought you would like to see this clip of him being taken on his "turni" in, out of and around his church. [This is not a clip from this year.] His youthful carriers were, indeed, exhausted by the end of 30 turni and I think there are many worse things they could have been doing on a Sunday night, so I do admire them.

I must say the final fireworks in his honour were magnificent and Simi and I saw them on TV and heard them in reality. Not to be outdone, she shook her toys and adopted her "That'll learn 'em" pose [her English vocabulary is suffering a bit since she has learnt so much Italian!] She wants me to assure you that dogs join in all the festa fun!





Blognote: I have been unwell for the past few days - nothing to worry about - and know I have been a poor blog visitor. I am hoping to put that right tonight and tomorrow. Please bear with me!

9 comments:

CherryPie said...

Looks like so much fun :-)

But most importantly I hope you are feeling better soon :-) xx

jmb said...

I was wondering. Take care of yourself first.

I'll bet San Giorgio was glad to be home for another year after all that excitement.

Leslie: said...

Sounds like a lot of excitement over him.

Glad you're feeling better.

Nunyaa said...

Thinking of you, ((hugs)) get well soon x

flutterby said...

Thank you for the description of Sicilian festivals. They are so colorful and look like fun. Such events probably have the added benefit of drawing a community together with the shared festivities. Simi's participation is wonderful.

Get better very soon.

Trubes said...

That was an enjoyable post Welshcakes, along with the previous one. Oh boy! The Italians certainly know how to celebrate their special special occasions, sadly, not so, in sad 'Old Blighty'!

Sorry to read that you've not been too well and I hope, you are now feeling better.
I don't doubt that sweet little Simi has been looking after you.
Chloe say hello to you both and a sympathetic, 'purr purr' to you.

I have posted another little anecdote for you to read and I hope you may be able to relate to it! (without giving too much away of course)!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It was fun, cherrypie. Thank you for your good wishes. x Thanks, jmb. Yes, I should think SG needs a good rest now! Hi, Leslie. Thank you. x Many thanks, nunyaa. Hugs much appreciated. xx Hi, flutterby. Yes, you are right. Such events do draw the community together. Thank you for your good wishes. x Ciao, Trubes. Thank you so much and the good wishes from dear Chloe are much appreciated. Simi sends love to both of you. xx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are better! Sorry I didn't know though. Could have emailed some tablets or something!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Much appreciated, Book Owl.

Counters


View My Stats