Thursday, May 01, 2008

DAILY DOINGS - 8

I am sorry to post so late tonight, but what with still not feeling 100%, it being panic-time at work as we come up to exams and one thing and another I seem to be forever trying to catch up with myself lately.

However, I did manage to get over to the Altro Posto at lunchtime, and yet another new waitress had obviously been told to expect me and instructed in the art of mixing a fine g & t. It’s good to be known somewhere like that and treated as a “local”. It means a lot to me.

Now, I have decided that I again need a cleaning lady, reader, as I don’t have the energy to spring –clean myself. It just so happens that the other day, when Simi and I were out, a kindly –looking lady stopped us and made a fuss of Simi. “I see you every day, signora, and because you are so blonde, I know you are not from here. I have often wondered about you.” None of this was said nosily or intrusively – she seemed to be genuinely interested [as, indeed, many people I meet seem to be]. Then I got the remark which I have related to you before, and I repeat it somewhat embarrassedly: “What?! Not married?! Una bella signora come Lei! But why?!!” [I wish I knew, reader!] Anyway, finally she asked me to let her know if I needed any jobs done around the house, as she lives nearby and is looking for a little work. My instinct, which is usually good, tells me that I can trust this lady as she seems to be well known by all around here. But of course, as usual, I will have to have a good clean-up before I can even think of inviting a cleaning lady round!

Finally, here is a little snippet to cheer you all up: according to a survey published today, the Italians are the most sexually contented people in Europe. [I don’t know why anyone had to commission a survey – I could have told them that!] Surprisingly, the Brits are second and the French third. Haven’t I always said that the Italians have discovered the secret of living a happy life?

10 comments:

JayBee said...

You say "I don’t have the energy to spring–clean myself"

Are there no sexually discontented Italians who would be happy to spring-clean you?

jmb said...

I need a cleaning lady too and I would have to clean up first as well. Isn't it ridiculous?

The British ahead of the French in that area seems hard to believe.

Take care of yourself Welshcakes.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh yes, welshcakes, you must get a cleaner, especially as you are now a working lady.

And you need an Italian male to check out this research.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this lady will be lovely to you! And she might even have a son tucked away - or a lonely gorgeous brother - or cousin - or friend of a friend - we have to hope. Guess who Book Owl is - I'm back but definitely in a more limited, literary guise as keeping up with everyone was too much for me. Have to let my two bestest blogging buddies know - you & Liz! Love to Simi.

CherryPie said...

What a lucky meeting :-)

I was thinking the same thing with jmb with the French!

Ellee Seymour said...

Definitely trust your instincts with this kindly lady, she may know some nice kindly men.

Now we now the reason you moved to Sicily, so do hurry up and find a good man - or even a bad one :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Calum> You have made me laugh! I never thought of it like that! Hi, jmb. Glad we think alike! Yes, can't quite imagine the Brits being ahead of the French here... Ciao, Liz. Agree on both counts! Nice to welcome you back, Book Owl - love from Simi, too. x Hi, cherrypie. Yes, I think it was! Again, strange that, about the Brits and the French! Ellee, I will hurry up and take your advice!

Leslie: said...

Hmmm...maybe I could find a nice Italian man who likes a tall (5'7") Canadian lady. I could use a bit of "spring cleaning" too! lol ;D

James Higham said...

Una bella signora come Lei! But why?!!” [I wish I knew, reader!]

Playing hard to get, I suspect.:)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'll look for one for you, Leslie, whilst I'm at it for myself? Who, me, James?!!

Counters


View My Stats