Wednesday, December 26, 2007

2 NEW TREE TREASURES




Among my gifts was this pottery Xmas tree decoration from Caltagirone, Sicily's pottery town. The pattern is a typical one. And Chiara gave me this "Buon Natale" peg.[I cannot get the photo to show the print on it.] I shall treasure both for many years to come. The peg is on the tree at the moment but it has occurred to me that it could join my "Rudolph" clothespeg [made by a clever friend in Nevada] on my coat lapel! I love receiving little presents like this, for so much thought has gone into the giving.

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree ball ornament! The picture of the peg doesn't do it justice as it's hard to really make it out, but I'm sure you are enjoying it along with the sentiment that came, too.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Leslie. I know - I just couldn't get a good pic of that peg!

Crushed said...

I think it's an OK picture of the peg. It conveys it's chracter. Certainly, it has life in it's little face!

jmb said...

Lovely indeed and all the more because of who gave them to you.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Crushed. Glad you like it. Jmb - exactly.

Counters


View My Stats