Wednesday, August 24, 2022

TWILIGHT TONES

 You are lucky to be able to capture a twilight image in Italy, as it does not fall slowly, as in Britain. Here, one moment it is there but go and get your phone or camera and it is gone. Our Modican Nobel poet Salvatore Quasimodo's words Ed è subito sera - And suddenly it's evening are true - metaphorically too, of course, as anyone who is ageing (like me) will tell you. 

On Monday evening, however, I managed to reach for my phone in time and here is a view from my bedroom window but this time with the Ferragosto bunnies out of focus!



 

Thinking of this view, and its fast transition into darkness, I was reminded of some words from Colette:

Regarde! Regarde la couleur du ciel au couchant, qui annonce grand vent et tempête. Qu’importe le grand vent de demain, pourvu que nous admirions cette fournaise d’aujourd’hui ? Regarde, vite, le bouton de l’iris noir est en train de s’épanouir ! Si tu ne te dépêches pas, il ira plus vite que toi

- Colette, Journal à rebours,"Sido et moi".

Look! Look at the colour of the sky at sunset, predicting strong wind and storms. What does tomorrow's strong wind matter, provided we can admire this furnace that we have today? Look, quickly, the bud of the black iris is blossoming! If you don't hurry, it will go faster than you...

Wherever you are, enjoy this lovely time of evening!


5 comments:

CherryPie said...

A beautiful view.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, CherryPie.

Mandy said...

What a beautiful capture. I relate so much to the quote about evening. Every year I say that I'm going to try slow things down except now it's almost September and I haven't started that course I wanted to start in January. (Found you via CherryPie's blog)

Lee said...

G'day there, stranger! I hope all is well with you...and life is treating you well. :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hello, Mandy and thank you. I know exactly what you mean!
Hello, Lee. It's been a while! Not too bad, thanks. And you?

Counters


View My Stats