Wednesday, April 27, 2016

SUPPER WITH GIORGIO AND GIOVANNA

On Monday evening my friends Giorgio and Giovanna, who own Casa Natia, were expecting their first guests there and I was delighted to be invited to join the welcome party.

Giovanna and her friend had been working all day making culinary delights such as scacce [focacce] and I can honestly say I'd never seen so many focacce in one place at one time!  These were filled with cauliflower, ricotta, sausage and ricotta, aubergine and tomato, tomato and onion  - and I'm sure there were one or two more fillings that I've forgotten to mention!  There were also girelle biscuits and of course, Giovanna's homemade cannoli:




This was the welcome basket for the lucky guests:


You can read more about Casa Natia here.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Looks scrumptious. Best of luck in the venture.

PinkAcorn said...

Looks lovely and inviting. Best wishes to Casa Natia.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thank you, James and PinkAcorn. I'll pass on your good wishes.

Saucy Siciliana said...

Delicious! Tanti auguri!

Counters


View My Stats