Saturday, June 02, 2012

SABATO MUSICALE - FOR LONDON

No apologies for the Britishness of my choices this weekend: my thoughts are 1,500 miles away not only because London is so much in the news, but because it is exactly seven years ago today that Simi the dog and I boarded a plane for Sicily there.

Here is one of my favourite songs about the capital city of my homeland:

Frank Sinatra - London by Night




And this has got to be the best version of Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner ever!


The Muppet Show - Maybe it's Because I'm a Londoner



Have a happy Jubilee weekend wherever you are.

4 comments:

RNSANE said...

Oh, that Frank really had a way with a song, didn't he....I can imagine you are a little nostalgic for home during this special time, Pat....everyone is British right now, I think, for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Carmen. Yes, he put so much feeling into his songs. That's a nice thought - that everyone feels a bit British this week! Thank you.

Gledwood said...

Simi boarded the plane to Italia too? And there was I, thinking she must be an Italian Porkshire... Wow. I hope she wasn't too cold being in the baggage hold and all... Or did they let her sit on your lap?... (Surely not!...??(!))

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, Gleds. Yes, she came all the way from Cardiff with me! No, she has a special container and was in ther hold. I was so worried about her but it was fantastic when we were reunited at Catania. She was a very brave girl!

Counters


View My Stats