Thursday, May 31, 2012

OF BUTTS AND GELATO

Yesterday an army of Modican school students, along with their teachers and some of their parents, gathered in the city's Piazza Matteotti to begin a very special clean-up:  yes, it was war on cigarette ends!  Fed up with seeing the streets and piazze of their lovely, historic city being scarred by the presence of carelessly discarded cigarette ends and the pollution that the presence of these causes, the students had decided to take action themselves.

And their reward?  For every 50 cigarette ends collected, each student received a traditionally made ice cream supplied by the Pasticceria DolceSalato.    Hmm... if I'd had time, I'd have joined them!

Piazza Mateotti and farmers' market

3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

What an excellent idea!

James Higham said...

Now you knew I'd come in if I saw the word "butts".

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, jams. Yes, I thought so, too. Well, I did wonder who would, James...

Counters


View My Stats