Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OLIVES AND G&T


Give me a plate of olives and I am as satisfied as I would be with a three-course meal. So, when my beloved Altro Posto reopened at lunchtime today, I was more than happy with this complimentary dish of antipasti; grissini [breadsticks] wrapped in Parma ham and cheese, a chunk of freshly-baked bread filled with tomatoes and a little mozzarella, all drizzled with olive oil, plus plenty of lovely, salty olives.

In addition, I have been to Raffaele the hairdresser's and feel human for the first time in 10 days, not only because I now feel I can face the world, but because at Raff's I can pour my heart out to the best psychoanalyst in town!

13 comments:

CherryPie said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful chill out day :-) We girls need them don't we ;-) xx

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Thats my type of lunch/meal makes me feel very satisfied..what a great way to re-open..

Oh good Raffaele, he seems like the best man in town!!!

Must be my turn to go to the hairdressers...Sally went today as well :-)

James Higham said...

Looks magnificent. Wish you could have been with me this evening.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, cherrypie. We do, don't we? Hi, Anne. Yes, a good reopening. Have a great time at your hairdresser's, too! Un'altra volta, James.

jmb said...

Ah, all is well in the world of Welshcakes once more.

Liz Hinds said...

Sounds wonderful. (Will email later today.) Good old Raffaele!

marymaryquitecontrary said...

You seem to have found a place in their hearts. I am sure they were as pleased to see you as you them. My visit to the hairdresser is on Friday.

Whispering Walls said...

At least there's water at the hairdresser's - thank goodness Modica's not lacking the essentials!

Dragonstar said...

And I'm off to the hairdresser tomorrow morning. Must be the season for it!

marymaryquitecontrary said...

Welchcakes I forgot to say , "I have blogged"

Nunyaa said...

Wish I had a hair dresser like yours Welshcakes :)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I wouldn't go that far, jmb , but it's better! Oh, it's a relief to have him back, Liz.

Ellee Seymour said...

Wish I had been able to join you...

Counters


View My Stats