Saturday, December 03, 2011

SABATO MUSICALE - NOSTALGIA TIME AGAIN

Italian television programmes are often criticised and it is true that there are many endless, senseless game shows which make me, at any rate, lose the will to live.  But there are some excellent talk shows, dramas and the kind of sparkling variety show that the UK just does not produce any more.  One of these is I Migliori Anni, which goes out on Friday evenings and in which presenter Carlo Conti takes us back on a musical journey through the years.   The last episode of the current series is next Friday and I shall miss the show.

Original cover of 1969 45rpm vinyl
One of my favourite Italian singers is Orietta Berti and I was delighted to see her on I Migliori Anni two weeks ago, when she sang a medley of her 1968 - 1970 hits.  I have featured one of these, L'Altalena ["The Swing"] here before as I first heard it during my fateful first trip to Italy in 1969.  Little did I imagine that, 42 years later, I would be sitting in my Sicilian living room watching the same artist perform it!

Orietta Berti ai Migliori Anni - 2011 - Medley

3 comments:

Lee said...

It's so obvious, Pat, that you are just where you're supposed to be! Your heart belongs to Sicily and Italy! I hope all is well with you and Simi. Give Simi a pat for me. Have yourselves a very Merry Christmas. :)

Best wishes from Down Under!

Jenny Woolf said...

Good idea for a programme, I wonder why nobody has done it here.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks, Lee and Simi says "woof!" Have a very Merry Xmas yourself. xx Hi, Jenny. Yes, strange, that.

Counters


View My Stats