Thursday, June 10, 2010

GATHERING IN A GARDEN



An array of flags, pots of cooling gel al limone and strawberries and ice cream greeted the ladies of the "foreign legion" as we met in a garden with stunning views of the Ragusa countryside on Monday afternoon.  We're just a group of foreign women who get together now and again.







I made this cherry dessert cake to take along.  I found the recipe in a magazine and you are supposed to use frozen forest fruits in it but I couldn't get any so I used fresh cherries.  It turned out much better than I had anticipated:



Here are some of the other treats we enjoyed:




[My cherry cake is front left.]


Egyptian baklava.


Mandarin cheesecake and lemon cake.

I also took along a chocolate and mint semifreddo and a good time was had by all.

8 comments:

Gledwood said...

Is that a prickly pear bush I can see?
You're making me hungry now and it's 3:22 am. Too late really for a fishfingers sandwich... o go on then.
Frankly I'd rather have a nice cup of tea with your cherry mc-doodle and some of that mandarin cheesecake.
I found some weird jelly in Morrisons, which you might not know bc you've been gone too long but it's what Safeway used to be. Anyway this stuff is almost like a powder. I'm not sure exactly what it is bc it was packaged up, but it's tiny.
On cookery programmes they go on about gelatine strips, so maybe it's a flavoured version of those.
Who knows...?!

Leslie: said...

What a great idea to get together with non-Italian-born ladies!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hello WL .. a great way to spend the afternoon, with friends, great that you all get together :-) xx

CherryPie said...

Cherry cake is one of my favourites.

James Higham said...

What do you chat about?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It is indeed, Gleds. You're right - I don't know what Morrisons stores are like. I didn't know you could get jelly in a powder. Hi, Leslie, Anne and WW. Yes, it was very pleasant. Hi, Cherie. I'll remember that! Hi, James. How people are doing in Italy, the state of the world, etc.

Liz Hinds said...

I repeat: please stop! Some of us are dieting!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sorry, Liz!

Counters


View My Stats